Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Reflections 01

The last couple of days have been quite hectic with lots of cutting and sewing, to get my gorgeous new fabrics made up into bibs, while also trying to develop another toy for the shop, and keeping up with 'life'. And the great thing about so much sewing - apart from the satisfaction - is that it really gives me lots of thinking time!

Yesterday I was remembering back to my first ever sewing experience, back in year 7, facing one term of textiles & design, and having to make a peasant top, which later that year had to be modelled at the school fashion parade!! The peasant top was a bit of a disaster. You can view a pattern for a similar style here, but need to picture
it with short puff sleeves. It was too short, too tight and waay too ugly! Let's just say there had to be a bit of re-making before the fashion parade...

Fast forward about 18 years, and I find it hard to believe that I'm now making things, with a sewing machine, that other people like and want to buy. I'm feeling so fortunate to have found something that keeps me sane while being a stay at home mum, and allows for a bit of creativity in my life!

And for a sneak peek at some new releases for this week, see below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!