Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend Reflections 03

So this weekend has been the busiest in... I can't even remember how long!  We spent most of yesterday gardening our neglected patch of earth and getting it ready for summer - and Noah's first birthday party!

Today, I decided to get started on some trial mince pies, in preparation for giving as Christmas presents.  I'd never made any before today and needed to make sure they taste half decent before inflicting them on others!  See, I've decided this year to attempt making as many gifts as possible, and while all the ideas are there, the time is lacking!

And if that wasn't enough to give my control freak heart palpitations, I've also decided to start making some toddler-safe decorations for our Christmas tree.  Last year we left putting our tree up until a couple of days before Christmas, took it down again pretty soon after, and still managed to lose some decorations to inquisitive toddler fingers. This year, all the images of friend's Christmas trees on facebook is giving me Christmas tree envy and I really want to get it up early, or at least earlier than last year. And in the spirit of handmade, feel that I should really attempt making some when there are great tutorials out there.  My only dilemma is the size of our tree, it's huge, and I love it. So do I go for a minimalist feel - very few decorations, half and half - with fragile decorations on the top half, or go all out and attempt covering my tree in toddler friendly decorations???  I honestly can't see the last option happening, so may have to go for either of the first two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!