Thursday, June 3, 2010

Warm and Cozy.


The weather is so very miserable this week, and I'm loving spending some time inside - well, apart from the cabin fevered kids, muddy footprints through the house, and lack of vitamin D.  Because I'm working on my latest little project, and it is so much fun!  I've been wanting to learn how to make a patchwork quilt for ages, and decided to start with a cot quilt for Noah.  I have used some fabulous online resources to work most of it out, but am also thankful to my wonderful friend Jo for  binding tips.  

The internet can be a wonderful place and I'm very grateful for the generous people who share their talent with the rest of us... I've spent lots of time at Oh, FranssonAmy's Creative Side, and Diary Of A Quilter amongst others as I've tried to work all this out.  Oh, and extra special thanks to Liesl at Hoppo Bumpo for the instructions on attaching the walking foot to my mum's old Janome!  The quilt is close to being finished, just working on the binding, so I better get back to it while Noah is napping.  Pics will follow as soon as it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!