Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Feeling Challenged!

As I've already mentioned, the last few weeks were flat out with preparations for Hide & Seek Market, but also keeping me busy was a little challenge hosted by the Handmade Co-op involving this UGLY fabric!


And, believe me, I didn't think it was that ugly on screen, but it's much worse in reality!! I was actually a little stumped as to what to do with it.  The challenge involved each crafter having to turn a piece of the UGLY vintage fabric into something that was appealing to the general public and suitable for use with kids. I'd been wanting to add to the range of softies for some time, so decided to combine the two challenges and came up with this...


A birdie sure to delight the senses with its vivid colouring, tactile wings and ability to brighten up a room with its presence!!  What do you think?  Could I ask you to head over to the Handmade Co-op blog and vote for the creation you think best uses this UGLY fabric - (hopefully it's IndigoElephant!!).

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!