Saturday, October 15, 2011

KCWC Day Five.

The reversible bucket hat is finished, and thanks to the tips and tricks from Jessica at a little gray it was not at all difficult.   I'm definitely a visual learner and love having images to accompany step-by-step instructions!


Above is the cotton side, using the Patchwork Plaid from Emily Herrick's Going Coastal range.  I love all the colours in it, which should work well with lots of his clothes, as long as he's wearing a plain shirt!  On the reverse I used a solid, almost navy linen, but the check is clearly visible from the front so it can't  be worn with checks, ever!


I must add that making one side out of 100% linen made things a little trickier as it kept moving around, and required a gazillion pins to hold it in place.  The most difficult part was pinning the crown to the sides but not so much that I wouldn't make another one... maybe not until next Summer though - my boys are all sorted with hats for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!