Tuesday, October 11, 2011

KCWC Day One.

The  Elsie Marley Kids Clothes Week Challenge began yesterday and while it's the Autumn installment, I need to get organised for the warmer weather we are anticipating for Spring and Summer down in the southern hemisphere.  It is the perfect timing for me to finish off some summer pyjamas I started last summer for my boys, but never finished due to my aversion to hemming.  Thankfully the sizing is fairly generous and they'll fit the boys through this season, and maybe even the next. I was also able to finish off some other shorts I had started as well, so all in all it was a great start to the week!

Two sets of summer PJs for Baby Elephant #2 and a pair of linen pin stripe shorts in a highly impractical but seriously stylish linen.

Two sets of summer PJs for Baby Elephant #1.  I love the giraffe fabric, I won it (and the fish above) from I Just Love That Fabric, in a giveaway well over a year ago and was saving it, and saving it, and finally decided to cut into it for the boys.

Plus two pair of shorts for #1, yes I feel bad that he always gets more new clothes, but with two boys, I know they'll get double the wear!  Plus below you'll see that I've cut the pieces for the bucket hat... Feeling slightly intimidated by this project but will give it a go!


2 comments:

  1. that giraffe fabric is fabulous! also, a friend of mine had a sew-along for the oliver + s bucket hats a few months ago and posted some good tips on her blog (http://alittlegray.blogspot.com/search/label/bucket%20hat) if that helps any :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love all the gorgeous colourful fabric you used :) What lucky boys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!