Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pinterest Love + Handy Tips...

I know I'm supposed to be working but Pinterest always sucks me in during a break and and I can easily lose half an hour - or more -  browsing the clever/beautiful/funny/creative/useful and just plain pretty things on there,  re-pinning and promising myself I'll come back to it later.  It definitely helped me plan and execute the little one's birthday party, and has given me tons of ideas to implement for Christmas - if I get around to it this year!!

The other thing I'm loving on there are the helpful tips peeps are pinning, you know, like how to clean your baking trays & get stains out of carpets naturally... I'm particularly loving this one and have been wanting to try it for some time now, but haven't had any need for spring onions in my cooking. Did you know you could re-grow your spring onions by placing the root ends in a glass of water?

image from here
From Homemade Serenity:
The next time you have green onions, don't throw away the white ends. Simply submerge them in a glass of water and place them in a sunny window. Your onions will begin to grow almost immediately and can be harvested almost indefinitely. We just use kitchen scissors to cut what we need for meals. I periodically empty out the water, rinse the roots off and give them fresh water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!