Friday, April 5, 2013

Another Geranium, Another Lesson Learned.

Yes there has been another Geranium Dress made! This time round it was for a little friend who just turned 3, so I took the opportunity to make her something I hope she'll like. It's now in her possession so I feel okay with sharing here {not that I have many 3yo readers} but I'm hoping it was a pleasant surprise for her Mum!


This time it's the cut out neckline and, obviously, a contrast fabric for the bodice and skirt (with pockets), and bodice lined with the same skirt fabric. Also used some white piping between the bodice and skirt for definition and love the difference it makes.  Using piping also made me complete the alterations to the first Geranium so I could practice piping before using it on the gift. The lining is hand stitched this time around, which was not what I'd call fun, but it does provide a much neater finish as the piping made things a bit tricky with machine stitching it all together.


And so what was the lesson learned with this project? Well, the piping was definitely a great lesson but the reminder to not select fabrics at night was an even greater lesson! It's difficult to spot in the photos but the darkest flower, which looked to match the pink cotton perfectly at night, in daylight is actually red. Oops!


 Apologies for the dull photos, but we've had a miserably rainy week here!  

Pattern :: Geranium Dress
Fabric  :: From the stash! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!